Inside Sales Representative- Denver Outlaws Lacrosse
Seasonal position (From January – August, 2014) Hourly pay + commission.
Under the direction of the Ticket Sales Director, the Inside Sales Representative responsibilities include selling season and group tickets and servicing new accounts, creating new ideas to increase ticket sales and perform basic office functions as needed. Position could also encompass larger group ticket sales and other ticket packages by performing defined duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prospects, pitches and closes new season ticket accounts.
• Arranges appointments and develops networks to promote aggressive ticket sales.
• Achieves defined sales goals.
• Attends community lacrosse & networking events.
• Responsible for maintaining and servicing specific accounts.
• Works with the Marketing Manager to fulfill community and lacrosse grass roots activities.
• Responsible for maintaining and servicing specific accounts. Provides service to all ticket holders on a day to day basis.
• Develops and maintains relationships with customers.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs.
Strategic Thinking - Analyzes market and competition.
Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Spring Internship - Denver Outlaws Lacrosse
The Denver Outlaws are now accepting intern applications for spring 2014.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2013.
This position will run from: January 2014 – May 2014
The Denver Outlaws are currently seeking Game Day, Marketing and Ticket Sales interns who will focus on marketing, community relations, event planning, sponsorships and ticket sales for the Denver Outlaws lacrosse team. The Game Day, Marketing and Ticket Sales interns main responsibility will be running the Denver Outlaws school outreach program. They will also assist with Outlaws community programs, grass-roots marketing campaigns and sponsorships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn ticket sales process
• Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns
• Assist ticket department with season ticket holder mailings and renewals
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Provide customer service and implement customer relations programs both on and off site
• Assist the sales and marketing staff in regard to their operational duties
• Create website, blog and social media content
• Assist with game day operations where necessary
• Plan and execute grass-roots marketing campaigns
• Coordinate the Outlaws’ community programs, lacrosse camps and workshops
• Schedule and coordinate player appearances
• Assist with sponsorship sales and sponsor fulfillment
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Work 20-25 hours a week in the Outlaws office, plus additional events on nights and weekends
• Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry, specifically ticket sales and marketing
• Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Show initiative and be a self-starter
• Possess creative and strategic thinking skills
• Strong writing skills required
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to attend multiple events outside of the office during the weekday, evenings and weekends
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com